OneSmallStep is your first step to losing weight
We can support you with your weight loss goals call us on 01392 908 139 or complete our contact form to find out how we can help you achieve them.
We all know that losing weight only happens as a result of making changes to your usual eating and activity patterns. This is often easier said than done, that’s where we come in; we offer information on our website, telephone advice and one to one support with a Health Trainer to help you with these changes.
Why lose weight
Maintaining a healthy weight can have lots of positive effects on your lifestyle; increasing confidence, health and happiness. If you’re carrying excess weight you’re more likely to suffer medical conditions including Type 2 diabetes, Coronary heart disease and certain cancers, including breast and bowel. You also have an increased chance of suffering a stroke and a heart attack and weight issues are also linked to depression.
How we can support you to lose weight
Our fully qualified Health Trainers will work with you to explore how important making these changes is to you. You’ll then agree an action plan and set goals to support healthy eating and weight loss. Health Trainers will take time to listen to your personal experiences in a friendly and non-judgemental way, they will help you to overcome the barriers that may have been preventing you from achieving your weight loss goals. We will discuss local support available to you such as commercial slimming groups and local activities. Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight doesn’t happen over night, we will support you to make sustainable changes that you feel comfortable with and can stick to long term.
Who can lose weight with us?
- If you live in Devon (excluding Plymouth and Torbay)
- If you are over 18 yeard old
Where you can get help to lose weight
Wherever you live in Devon there will be something available to you to help you achieve your goals at a time and place to suit you. Our team can help point you in the direction of locations all over the county.
Start losing weight today
If you think you could benefit from some support to reduce your weight complete our contact us form, call us on 01392 908 139 or use our online chat (bottom right) to talk to one of our friendly team
Men’s weight management programme
We offer a range of options to help you lose weight.
Call our advisors on: 01392 908 139 to discuss the right option for you!
In addition to our One Small Step Health Trainer support, men in Devon contacting us for help with weight loss can also join one of two new exciting programmes.
EFL FIT FANS (DEVON) – Face to Face group programme
- 12 FREE weekly sessions at your local football club
- For men aged 35 – 65
- Meet other football fans on the same journey as you
- Learn how to make better choices to improve your lifestyle and health
- Be supported through your journey by club staff.
GUTLESS – Online weight loss programme for men
- A men’s only weight loss & behaviour change course
- Free access to our online course for men over 16 years with a BMI of 25+
- Weekly sessions led by expert nutritionists & behavioural scientists
- Tips, tools & support to get healthier, leaner & fitter.
- Weekly sessions covering various healthy lifestyle topics.
- A casual, fun, laid-back atmosphere – Gutless is all about camaraderie and banter!
- Learn the scientific facts about nutrition
- Get the tools you need to override unhealthy choices and make healthy habits for life
- Access to a private WhatsApp group to connect with other guys on the course
- Personalised 1:1 support from a dedicated nutritionist who will check in with you throughout the course
- Online sessions– log on to a group webinar for one hour, once a week.