Maintaining regular exercise is a fantastic way to lose weight and improve your overall health and wellbeing.
With Devon being in its third lockdown, its important now more than ever to keep doing physical activity in your home or outside. Many people may have found it hard to keep doing exercise since the closure of gyms. Here in Devon, we are lucky to have beautiful sceneries and greenery to encourage us to go for our daily walks.
According to current government guidelines, you should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area. This includes but is not limited to running, cycling, and walking. – Gov.co.uk
Better Health have some great exercises that can be done in your home.
As well as exercising at home, there are some great walking spots in Devon.
- Grand Western Canal Country Park.
- Orcombe Point to Old Harry Rocks.
- Lydford Gorge.
- Sections of the Two Moors Way – a long distance path that stretches 100 miles from Ivybridge to Lynton / Lynmouth crossing Dartmoor and Exmoor – a challenge not for the faint hearted!
- Sections of the South West Coastal Path – Exmouth to Budleigh Salterton is lovely as is the coastal path from Gara Rock.
- East Lyn River.
- Exe Valley Way – lovely section from Lympstone Station either to Exmouth or in the opposite direction to Exton and the nature reserve.
- Dawlish Warren nature reserve.
For help and support in Devon, call 01392 908 139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org