It’s pancake day! And also time to put away that chocolate spread and ice cream in favour of a nice healthy alternative.
Serves 2, makes 4
Mixing bowl, fork, whisk, non-stick frying pan, chopping board, knife, teaspoon
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Fruit of your choice e.g. handful of strawberries or blueberries
- Low-fat natural yogurt
1. In a bowl, mash 1 large, ripe banana with a fork until it resembles a thick purée.
2. Stir in 2 beaten eggs and a pinch of baking powder.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or pancake pan over a medium heat and brush with ½ tsp oil.
4. Using half the batter, spoon two pancakes into the pan, cook for 1-2 mins each side, then tip onto a plate. Repeat the process with another ½ tsp oil and the remaining batter.
5. Top the pancakes with fruit and extra optional toppings to serve.
If you are looking to make some healthy changes to your lifestyle, check out the One Small Step website to see how we can help, or call: 01392 908 139.