Part Time Role 22.5 hours (negotiable) – Competitive Salary
Please Note: This role will involve face to face delivery across Devon according to Covid restrictions.
An Exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Health Trainer to support the Healthy Lifestyle Service in Devon, OneSmallStep. Based in local communities, or via the telephone these roles will form an integral part of the service, reaching into communities and supporting individuals to make and sustain behaviour changes to improve health and wellbeing.
Health Trainers provide support and practical information to individuals to assist them in making healthier lifestyle choices. Working in communities and remotely you will be promoting healthy lifestyles through; encouraging healthier eating, increasing levels of physical activity, delivering smoking cessation and supporting individuals to reduce alcohol intake using a range of approaches and methods. This role will promote access into the service, identifying, supporting, and empowering behaviour change for adults. Ideally, you’ll have experience or qualifications in healthy lifestyles, but most importantly, you’ll be a natural and passionate motivator with excellent communication skills to engage with individuals on both a one to one basis, naturally building relationships within the local communities.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a minimum of 1-year experience working in a community based health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, Organisations and agencies
- Are currently registered with the NCST as a stop smoking practitioner (or willing to work towards the qualification)
To apply: Please send a current CV with supporting letter to Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org and please visit our website at https://www.everyonehealth.co.uk/employment-opportunities/ to download the advert and full job specification.
Closing date is: Monday 11th January 2021
Please note: Interviews TBC
Any offers are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references